Thursday, December 3, 2009

Magnificent Maya


From Maya Angelou's Letter to my Daughter....

I have made many mistakes and no doubt will make more before I die. When I have seen pain, when I have found that my ineptness has caused displeasure, I have learned to accept my responsibility and to forgie myself first, then to apologize to anyone injured by my misreckoning. Since I cannot un-live history, and repentance is all I can offer God, I have hopes that my sincere apologies were accepted.

You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them. Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud. Do not complain. Make every effort to change things you do not like. If you cannot make a change, change the way you have been thinking. You might find a new solution.

Never whine. Whining lets a brute know that a victim is in the neighborhood.

Be certain that you do not die without having done something wonderful for humanity.


5 comments:

  1. jennie have you read this? i have read a lot about it...but never picked up a copy. it sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My list of books to buy is growing by the second. Have you read it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. have not read it.
    was on my "to read list..." now will be on my "must get this weekend" list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. have read it NUMEROUS times, almost an annual event. get something new out of it everytime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooooh! this sounds like the perfect book for me.... perhaps it will heal some of the lifelong strife I've had with my own mum and forge a strong and beautiful path with my daughter....

    not to hijack but another amazing book is Mother Daughter Wisdom by Dr. Northrup..... parts of it made this big girl cry... xo

    ReplyDelete