Thursday, December 3, 2009

But for the grace of God...

Ah Stace,

Happy. Happy. Happy. inspiring. interesting. beautiful. I know that's what I (we?) had intended for this blog. But I was just searching for one of my favorite old songs & I came across the video, which i had never seen before. You have to watch it
FIRST for the rest to make any sense.

so go ahead, pause & watch it.....

Done?

it literally took my breath away and i felt a headache blossom. it is so intense. so ripe. so sad. love the french word for anguish - angoisse - seems to have so much more depth to convey the full force of the emotion. I think this video is important. NB so we can't pretend this is not going on in some parts of the world RIGHT NOW. this is the daily existence for some people. not people who created it or asked for it. but people who need to endure it day in day out with no end in sight, for themselves or their children. or perhaps even for their grandchildren's children. you know i'm not a religious person, sometimes i wonder what that would be like. but i do believe in prayer. in love. and in hope. i'll stop here. i'm not sure if this is the place for that conversation. every day i am grateful to live in canada. i take the lyrics to our anthem very seriously and try to never take this enormous stroke of good fortune for granted.

1 comment: