Monday, October 12, 2009

Body Composition - this time there's an audience

Stace -

Forgot to tell you I was at an amazing CrossFit Nutrition Certification last weekend. A whole day of talking gluten free, dairy free, Paleo diet with guru (and funny as all get out, mad scientist) Robb Wolf. He had tons of well grounded, peer reviewed research explaining the links between inflammation & gluten/dairy. Loads of very useful info (and the science behind it) on his website:

http://robbwolf.com/?p=759

and on the Paleo website:

http://www.thepaleodiet.com/

Need you to teach me how to integrate these links into the blog.

Signed up for the "Body Composition Contest" at CrossFit: Pay $25.00. Get weighed & have measurements taken (ugh). It all ends November 30th when we are reweighed, remeasured & the person who's body composition has improved the most (lost fat, gained muscle, not just weight lost) wins the kitty. So, after my ultra-indulgent weekend of mennonite-made ambrosiac (is that a made up word?) peasant bread, turkey sandwiches, Dufflet's pumpkin tarts (my idea of heaven), and many glasses of Pelee-Island shiraz I'm going hoist my heavier-than-three-days-ago arse back onto the Paleo wagon & roll with it in a serious way. I want a new wardrobe (too many of those "I have NOTHING to wear!" days) and I have no other way of financing such an indulgence. Will bore you with my progress & hopefully post some Paleo recipes links.

Wish me luck!

Jennie



1 comment:

  1. an audience with a cheerleader. i have my pompoms ready and a well choreographed "go jennie o" routine in the works.

    ReplyDelete