Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cuppas & Billy Bob Arsehole

Dearest Jennie,

Just look at that mug. Can you imagine if we were neighbours? Tuck the kids into bed. Leave the husband to hold the fort with the remote in hand and pop over to the other's house for a cuppa. Or even better, for a glass of merlot.

I've been enjoying this new show starring Courtney Cox, called Cougartown. The show itself is pretty tacky, but it has its moments. The main character and her best friend live next door to each other. They spy on each other through their windows, then gab about what  they saw in their following conversations. Now I think that would be too close, but the idea of having that friend that knows your business so that you don’t have to spend a ton of time explaining your back-story, appeals to me.

I know you’re not keen and you don’t think anyone cares about what you have to say, but I do. I figure this is as good a place as any to yap about all the stuff that my husband would make fun of; the arts, our travel fantasies, our latest trials and tribulations  or about something we heard on the CBC.

Speaking of the CBC. I know this is way out-dated, but I just finally watched the Jian Ghomeshi interview with Billy Bob Thornton:

Oh my Lord… what the hell?? I haven’t really done any googling to see if he ever publicly apologized afterwards or if there was talk of it all being a publicity scam. What was your take of it? He’s a jack-ass. That’s my take. Besides not being respectful to Jian, he was an arsehole to all Canadians with his comments, with no remorse. I just can’t get over it.

We are celebrating our Thanksgiving tomorrow and I believe you told me you are celebrating yours today. Let me tell you what I am grateful for this year:

1. To have found such a kindred spirit in you: start designing the tattoo: “grand-daughters of sisters”

2. To have made another re-connection in Nan’s family; I know she’s looking down and is “pleased as punch” at our new friendship.

3. That I’ve found another mom of three to commiserate and rejoice with.

Happy Thanksgiving and I can’t wait to share another cuppa with you. xo

Stacey

 

No comments:

Post a Comment