Sunday, October 25, 2009

My Go-To's

Jennie Dearest,

Okay. I've been MIA. But not in spirit. I have probably started this post about 15 times since Friday, but have been interrupted repeatedly. I laughed out loud when I read your musings that perhaps this had been my ploy to get you to write a blog of your own. Can't get anything past you,
SmartyPants! Although it isn't true, it is funny.

Music.

You asked what music I turn to. I have such a broad range of favourites and ultimately, I must say that I love everything but heavy metal, house or rap. I love anything acoustic and anything with an acoustic guitar has me in a puddle. I'm not mature enough for jazz or opera, but it has a good story to tell, I'm in. Stories are what I love about country. I have been a proud country-lover since I was a little girl and can handle the ribbing about it. Anything with soul; music that makes your heart bleed because you can hear the angst in the voice or the instrument. Old Motown R&B... Otis Redding is beautiful. I realize more and more how much I'm loving new folk and if I had the time or the freedom to hit the festivals every summer, I would be in heaven. I love so much that's Canadian and am happy to say that I don't just listen out of Canadian pride. Call & Answer has always been one of my favourites. One by U2 just makes my heart soar. Here For a Good Time by Trooper is a tacky tune that has me singing along at the top of my voice whenever I hear it. Adele's voice is pure heaven and Alison Krauss in an angel. Ben Harper, Paolo Nutini and Jack Johnson I can imagine singing to me on a balcony while sipping coffee and Jim Cuddy I can fall asleep to and dream sweet dreams all night.

I've inserted a playlist at the bottom of the blog. Send me an email if you'd like the login info to add your favourites to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment