Thursday, October 15, 2009

Must See


Now THIS is a goody. An absolute must see.
Happy Go Lucky .


It saddens me that Poppy is just a character, thus completely obliterating any chance that she can be my friend. She is lovely and flakey and full of life. She is full of compassion and free from judgement. Everyone in her world is equal and deserves respect: a schoolyard bully, a homeless man with mental illness, her demented driving instructor. This excellent review articulately explains the finer subtleties of the movie and eloquently summarizes all that I love about the film. It's in my top ten. If you need a feel good flick this weekend Stace, this is it. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I could not stop laughing at Poppy's facial expressions. Will have to rent it as soon as I have the chance.

    ReplyDelete